The Ben Eoin Trail starts at the Ben Eoin Provincial Picnic Park. A hiker’s sign indicates the trailhead in the park. A very nice steady hike that climbs along a well worn path. It climbs uphill through large and old Birch and Beech Trees.
At the top of the mountain is a well cleared look-off of solid ground and large flat stone. Here you can take in a breathtaking view of the Bras d’Or Lakes below or open your pack for a picnic, but don’t leave any litter.
- Head south on NS-4 Trunk W toward St. Peters(29.2 km)
- Turn left at Park entrance
From Canso Causeway
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Trans-Canada Hwy/NS-4 Trunk E
- Continue to follow NS-4 Trunk E (6.3 km)
- Turn left to stay on NS-4 Trunk E (signs for NS-4 E/NS-104/Saint Peters/Sydney) (1.8 km)
- Take the exit toward NS-104 E Continue straight onto NS-4 Trunk E (signs for Nova Scotia 4 Trunk E/Saint Peters/Sydney/Fleur de Lis Trail E) (60.4 km)
- Turn right at Park entrance